Important COVID-19 Policy Updates
- Studio open 20 minutes prior to each class. Avoid crowding outside or in lobby. If in line, adhere to social distancing stickers on the floor.
- Online registration is open 7 days in advance and recommended. You can just walk in as well, but we may be full.
- 4 hour cancelation policy – you must be cancel 4 hours before class time to avoid cancelation fee.
- Classes canceled less than 4 hours in advance will result in a “Late Cancel” – you will be charged for your spot (unlimited members $10.00 fee).
- Classes that are not canceled at all but not attended will result in a “No Show” – you will be charged your spot (unlimited members $20.00 fee).
- Payment will be “paper-free”. Credit / debit only. No cash, no checks. We recommend storing your card information onto your mind body account ahead of time.
- Masks must be worn at all times while entering and exiting the studio. In our Mask Required classes, they will be kept on during class, no exceptions. In our Mask Optional class, they can be removed only during class while on social distanced mat. Check out our schedule to see which classes are required / optional.
- Follow socially distanced markers (6 ft) in the studio for mat placement.
- Bring your own mat/props/towel. We have blocks/kneepads/mats for sale. No shared props, mat rentals, or towels.
- Studio will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after EACH class & again at the end of each day. Wait for permission to enter studio when you arrive.
- Studio has been treated with Permasafe (diagram below) to prevent the spread of Covid-19 surface to surface.
Every student must sign a new waiver before practicing. It will be sent out via email – print and sign ahead of time if possible.
- If you or a family member are experiencing flu-like symptoms SSS respectfully asks that for your safety, and the safety of the SSS community, you not attend class. SSS will continue to offer Zoom classes and we would ask that you enjoy one of our Zoom classes from the comfort of your home until such time as you are cleared to return to the studio.
What is Saybrook Soul Sweat yoga?
Saybrook Soul Sweat yoga classes are vinyasa style classes that combine a series of physical poses linked with breath, music, movement, and meditation. Our philosophy is to work your body out so you can work your mind in!
What if I have never done yoga before?
Come, come, come! We offer classes for students of all levels, from beginner to advanced. The beautiful thing is that even the most athletic class can be modified to meet the needs of your body, so don’t shy away from those Soul Sweat power classes if you’re a beginner! If you are looking for an unheated, gentle class, check out our Soul Surrender on Tuesday or Thursday night!
Why the heat?
We use heat to work deeper into the body as well as to detox. Our hot classes our heated to 90 degrees with 70 percent humidity, however our unique air filtration system will prevent you from feeling overwhelmed or stifled in our facility!
When should I arrive?
First time students should arrive 15 minutes before class to sign waiver, meet teacher, and get your mat set up.
What should I bring?
Be sure to bring a water, a towel, a mat, and an open mind!
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable clothing that is breathable and light-weight.
How often should I practice?
The more you practice, the quicker you will see results! We suggest practicing a minimum of 3 times a week.
Do I need to bring my own mat?
Yes, we will not have any rentals in the studio due to Covid-19.
Do I need to bring my own towels?
Yes. We will have yogi toes to purchase but we do not rent towels.
What if I’m not flexible?
Then you need yoga now more than ever! Don’t worry if you can’t touch your toes, it’s all about showing up in the body you have today and loving it up!
How should I hydrate?
Water, water, and more water! Bring water to every class and try to drink a bottle before and after as well. We will have waters and coconut waters to purchase, or you can stop by our juice bar for a hydrating juice pre/post class.
Are packages refundable?
Class packages are non-refundable.
How do I book workshops?
We host various workshops throughout the year that focus on one aspect of our practice. They can be found on Mindbody under the Enrollments tab. Cancelations less than 24 hours ahead of scheduled workshop are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Do you offer discounts?
New students can sign up for our discounted special, 2 weeks unlimited for $35.