Important COVID-19 Policy Updates
- Studio open 20 minutes prior to each class. Avoid crowding outside or in lobby. If in line, adhere to social distancing stickers on the floor.
- Attendance is first come / first serve. No online registration, no holding spots for friends.
- Sanitizing station will be by the main entrance & studio entrance. Every student must sanitize before entering facility.
- Bring in only what you need (water bottle, yoga mat, towel). Leave your shoes outside on the sidewalk before entering. 1/2 of cubbies available if you must bring in keys / wallet. No bags, change of clothes, etc allowed in.
- No use of dressing rooms. Arrive in your yoga attire and leave in it.
- Restroom will be available but not to be used as a dressing room.
- Payment will be “paper-free”. Credit / debit only. No cash, no checks. We recommend storing your card information onto your mind body account ahead of time.
- Masks MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES when entering / exiting the studio. Once class begins, if constricting your breathing, you may remove mask only while on socially distanced mat.
- Follow socially distanced markers (6 ft) in the studio for mat placement. Limit interaction with other students.
- Bring your own mat/props/towel. We have blocks/kneepads/mats for sale. No shared props, mat rentals, or towels.
- Teacher is stationed at the front of the class. Each teacher will be temperature tested before teaching. No walking around the room or assists.
- Exit from door INSIDE THE STUDIO, NOT LOBBY. If you need to, grab your shake or keys, but then exit from studio.
- Exit immediately after class ends. No staying late.
- No lavender towels / shots after class. We will get back to them in the future when it is allowed.
- Studio door will remain open during class for airflow. Heat panels will be utilized, steam will not until allowed.
- Studio will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after EACH class & again at the end of each day. Wait for permission to enter studio when you arrive.
- Studio has been treated with Permasafe (diagram below) to prevent the spread of Covid-19 surface to surface.
Every student must sign a new waiver before practicing. It will be sent out via email – print and sign ahead of time if possible.
- If you or a family member are experiencing flu-like symptoms SSS respectfully asks that for your safety, and the safety of the SSS community, you not attend class. SSS will continue to offer Zoom classes and we would ask that you enjoy one of our Zoom classes from the comfort of your home until such time as you are cleared to return to the studio.
What is Saybrook Soul Sweat yoga?
Saybrook Soul Sweat yoga classes are vinyasa style classes that combine a series of physical poses linked with breath, music, movement, and meditation. Our philosophy is to work your body out so you can work your mind in!
What if I have never done yoga before?
Come, come, come! We offer classes for students of all levels, from beginner to advanced. The beautiful thing is that even the most athletic class can be modified to meet the needs of your body, so don’t shy away from those Soul Sweat power classes if you’re a beginner! If you are looking for an unheated, gentle class, check out our Soul Surrender on Tuesday or Thursday night!
Why the heat?
We use heat to work deeper into the body as well as to detox. Our hot classes our heated to 90 degrees with 70 percent humidity, however our unique air filtration system will prevent you from feeling overwhelmed or stifled in our facility!
When should I arrive?
First time students should arrive 15 minutes before class to sign waiver, meet teacher, and get your mat set up.
What should I bring?
Be sure to bring a water, a towel, a mat, and an open mind! Try it once and you will be hooked. We also offer mat rentals for $1.00. We do not offer towel rentals.
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable clothing that is breathable and light-weight. We suggest bringing a dry change of clothing for after class.
How often should I practice?
The more you practice, the quicker you will see results! We suggest practicing a minimum of 3 times a week.
Do I need to bring my own mat?
If you have a mat, you can bring your own. We will have mats to rent ($1) or to purchase ($60).
Do I need to bring my own towels?
Yes. We will have yogi toes to purchase but we do not rent towels.
What if I’m not flexible?
Then you need yoga now more than ever! Don’t worry if you can’t touch your toes, it’s all about showing up in the body you have today and loving it up!
How should I hydrate?
Water, water, and more water! Bring water to every class and try to drink a bottle before and after as well. We will have waters and coconut waters to purchase, or you can stop by our juice bar for a hydrating juice pre/post class.
When will the juice bar be open?
The juice bar will be open for the first class of the day and end after the last class of the day. You do NOT need to do yoga to come in and get a juice.
Are packages refundable?
Class packages, once they have been used, are non-refundable.
How do I book workshops?
We host various workshops throughout the year that focus on one aspect of our practice. They can be found on Mindbody under the Enrollments tab. Cancelations less than 24 hours ahead of scheduled workshop are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Do you offer discounts?
New students can sign up for our discounted special, 2 weeks unlimited for $35.